Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Being vs. Having...

I have a nice house. Nice things...a bit on the quirky side but nice nonetheless. I have a dog.

A couple of months ago, I had more. A lot more.

I was sitting with a friend back then, contemplating my options and speaking them out loud. I could sell my house...rent it...let the bank have it back...find a loving home for my great dane and sell one of my cars. My friend started to sweat FOR me.

I did those things...donated half of what I owned, found the perfect person to care for my home, found THE BEST new family for the biggest lap dog in the world...and wondered what the Universe had up its sleeve when my extra car was stolen and totaled.

I took a great big leap. It was liberating!

If my friend sweated over what I did back then...I wonder what she'd think about what I'm considering next...when this nice house is no longer home and it's time to change again...what if I just sold EVERYTHING?

But I'm keeping my dog. He wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment: